the new E-Cycles builds based on final Blender 2.81 are available now in your downloads.
Changes since 2.80 include:
- 1. Completely reworked AI denoiser:
- faster by default, particularly on multi-GPU setups
- much better memory management thanks to a patch by Stefan Werner
- streamlined denoiser UI
- automatic optimizations of the denoising tree. Improves denoising and rendering speed.
2. Faster baking:
- baking is now up to 20x faster by taking smart decision for optimal performance.
- baking will require a bit less memory too.
- - added a remove double modifier.
- - added an experimental bridge modifier.
- - added bevel and crease weight to the boolean modifier for non-destructive and easy to use bevel after boolean.
- - out of core Rendering for RTX (speed limited by system Ram, may require Quadros or Teslas for good performance)
- - much faster rendering for RTX, now up to 2.5x faster than Blender OptiX
- - further optimizations for CUDA
The course also has been updated to work on both 2.80 and 2.81.